Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 12 VLCD (173.4)

   No loss today, but I'm not super surprised. It feels like I am retaining quite a bit of water. That might be due to my obsession with coffee and chili (not at the same time!) lately. And I have been told the second and third weeks are notorious for stalls. I guess its kind of a trade off. The first week I was pretty hungry (compared to what I am now) but I was losing quite a bit of weight. Now that I'm NOT hungry, my losses are small. Not sure which one I prefer!

  I have decided not to do a planned cheat day. I looked it up and its very hard for your body to "restart" its metabolism (a key thing to keeping the weight off) if you aren't pretty strict for at least 21 days, which I haven't been.

   I think the thing that sold me on this diet is how many people actually are keeping the weight off, after years and years! I would like to be one of those people. I grew up watching people that I loved struggle with their weight, some until the very day that they died. I really don't want to live my life obsessing about how much I weigh, or what clothes I would like to fit in. I know it will always have to be in the back of my mind since I have a history of eating disorders and a family history of obesity, but I don't want it to be my entire life! I also want to stop the cycle of "growing up fat" so to speak. I wasn't a fat child, but I was always well aware that it could happen, and when I gained some weight in high school I freaked out. Now my son has began to think that he is "getting fat" and he is only 7. Hes so far from fat, but I know why he thinks that. He sees his mom constantly beating herself up for how shes let herself go. This is good motivation for me though.

   My new favorite is Chai Coffee Latte's. Make a strong pot of coffee, pour a cup black. Put your vanilla chai tea bag and let set for about 5 minutes. Add some splenda to taste, and a tablespoon of fat free half and half! Perfect for the weather, and I'm guessing its really good iced too!

  Not sure what I'm going to do about food this weekend, I need to go to the store because I don't have much left here that is protocol.

No comments:

Post a Comment