Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 6 VLCD (176)

  Another 1.4lb loss! The scale sure is motivating when it keeps giving me numbers like this! My energy and motivation is still up, even though Aunt Flow is in town and she is PISSED! Dr Simeon's book Pounds and Inches recommends that a menstruating woman go off her dose of hcg for at least 4 days. I asked for advice in my support group and most of the women there said that they did not go off the hcg and did fine, so I'm trying it also. I did lower my dose a little and it seems to be working. No hunger except for late at night, and I kick that with some sleepy time tea (which I am addicted to now!).

   Going on this diet I was really worried that I would feel "up" during it, since it is such a low calorie menu. But I have to say, I feel better than I have in a long time. I don't know if its because I am eating a lot healthier, or because there aren't many toxins left in my body, or if its the euphoric feeling described by a lot of people on HCG. I don't know, and I really don't care. This diet isn't easy, but there are a lot of up sides to it. Its getting easier by the day.

   My new favorite food for the moment is baked apples. I chop up my apple into bite size pieces, juice half a lemon over it, sprinkle some Splenda and cinnamon on them, and bake at 375 for about 20 minutes. They are actually in the oven as I type this and they smell AMAZING! I had steak last night, marinated in soy sauce and roasted garlic, which was so so good. To be honest, for the past few days my calories have been more around the 600-650 range. I have been having more protein for dinner to help with late night hunger. I'm still seeing losses and it helps, so I'm going to keep it up until something changes. There are some studies that say as long as you stay under 800 calories you will still have the same results. The 650 is comfortable for me, but something to consider if you are thinking of trying the diet yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment